Thank You to Our Sponsors - Click to Connect
This Week's News
NAR Call to Action
FCAR is Looking for a Recommendation
YPN Happy Hour Tonight!
Informed Professional Events
CALL FOR ACTION – Tax Reform Targets Maryland Homeowners
Following the release of H.R. 1 last week, NAR is strengthening its opposition to several tax reform measures which target residential real estate. They include:
- Reducing the Mortgage Interest Deduction (MID) from the current $1 million to $500,000 for purchases after November 2, 2017
- Eliminating the State and Local Income and Sales Tax Deduction – currently claimed by 50% of Maryland taxpayers
- Reducing eligibility for Capital Gains Exclusions for the sale of a primary residence by requiring a 5-year hold time – targeting move-up buyers
- Eliminating the MID for second homes
- Eliminating the deduction for moving expenses
- Eliminating the deduction for student loan interest - currently a key factor in home purchasing for young professionals
These changes will have dramatic impacts on the housing industry. This report projects that the average Maryland homeowner would no longer receive over $3,500 per year in tax deductions. Even worse, housing values could decline by 18% - a loss of over $54,000 in equity on a median-priced Frederick County home.
Maryland homeowners cannot afford these changes!
Tell Congress to protect homeowners and housing values by taking action TODAY!
Do You Have a Recommendation?
FCAR is looking for a recommendation: someone to sign for the hearing impaired in our continuing education classes. Preferably someone with a real estate license or knowledge. Please call Janet McKinney for details 301-663-0757, or email with a recommendation: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
YPN Networking Happy Hour
Don't miss the YPN Happy Hour at Ayse Meze Lounge tonight! See who the lucky raffle winners will be! Wednesday, November 8, 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. 6 N East St. Frederick, 21701. All proceeds will support Up & Out Foundation.
The Up & Out Foundation is a non-profit with a mission to educate the public about the disease of addiction, the consequences of untreated addiction, and the process of recovery.
From the Informed Professional Committee
Free Class - No Continuing Education - Please R.S.V.P.
Free Class - No Continuing Education -R.S.V.P.
478 Prospect Blvd.
Frederick MD 21701
Hollywood Homicide! Murder Mystery Dinner & Officer Installation
Community Service Committee Annual Charity Auction
Bring Your Donations to the FCAR Office
MREC Required Supervision
Historic Home 1780 to 1980
Code of Ethics
GRI 300 Series and GRI 400 Series
Introduction to FCAR New Member Orientation
Appraising the Tough Ones
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Click to Connect