Thank You to Our Sponsors - Click to Connect
This Week's News
News-Post Editorial Re: Livable Frederick
Welcome New Members
NAR's Mid-Year Conference is Open
Women's Council Of Realtors® March Meeting
FCAR is Hiring
Realtor Benefit: Save on TurboTax
FCAR President Greg Phillips wrote an informative editorial for the Frederick News-Post on February 19. FCAR reviewed the Livable Frederick draft for its impacts on homeowners. The editorial informs residents and county officials of the items in the draft which, if mandated or used improperly, have the potential to impact property rights and property values. Read the News-Post Article Here.
FCAR encourages all real estate professionals to read the details of the plan, which can be found at www.livablefrederick.org , become aware and share their concerns with officials and with their contacts regarding the effects on real estate, property rights and values.
Welcome to FCAR!
Please join me in welcoming our newest members:
- Jackie Sellers, Aaron Magee, Linda Loun, and Tamela O'Connor, with Long & Foster
- Anna Pumphrey, with Signature Home Sales
- Edward Shafer, with Gibraltar Real Estate
- Richard Summers, with Nitro Realty
- Amy Goline, Daniel Rios Ramirez, Allison Llerena, and Aaron Brown, with Keller Williams
- Sarah Prieur, Patricia Helmick, and Lisa Keefer, with Real Estate Teams
- Timothy O'Ney, with Re/Max Achievers
- Maddy Miles, with Coldwell Banker Innovations
- Caleb Wilson, with Maryland Real Estate Group
- Russell Moore, with Century 21 Redwood
- Karen Rice, with Mackintosh
- Edward Ohanian, with Re/Max Results
- Sara Phelps, with Coldwell Banker
- Jocelyne Melton, with Baxter Group, Inc.
- Dan Cumberland, with Moyer and Sons Moving
- Dana Burton, with College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving
Maryland’s New Smoke Alarm Law – Have You Complied?
The New Year marked the deadline for Maryland property owners to bring their smoke alarms up to date under the new law. Doing so will aid in passing a home inspection and avoiding penalties, not to mention ensuring that your home is equipped with safer, more dependable alarms. There is some confusion as to what the requirements are for smoke alarms as well as where they need to be placed, to which the chart below and this article will clarify.
First, gather the answers to these questions:
- What year was the property built?
- Is the current system hardwired, hardwired with a battery back-up, or only battery-operated?
- Where are the smoke alarms located?
Have you complied with Maryland's new smoke alarm law? The requirements went into effect January 1, 2018.
Learn what you need to do and how to advise your clients to prevent penalties...
READ MORE on the FCAR Blog.
Thank you to Brianne Paugh for this helpful information. Readers with questions about this or any real estate legal matter can reach Brianne at 301-698-9300.
*Brianne Paugh is an Attorney with Village Settlements, Inc. and The Law Offices of Parker, Simon, Hahn & DeLisi, LLC, in Frederick, Maryland.
2018 REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo
May 14-19, 2018, Washington, DC
The REALTORS® Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo is where NAR members take an active role to advance the real estate industry, public policy and the association. REALTORS® come to Washington, DC, for special issues forums, committee meetings, legislative activities and the industry trade show. More Information and Registration.
FCAR is Hiring - Do You Know Someone?
The Frederick County Association of REALTORS® is seeking an Administrative Executive Assistant. Duties will include: member, staff and CEO support; general office administration; telephone reception/operator +. The ideal candidate should be organized, have excellent oral and written communication skills and computer experience (MS Office/Excel required) Real estate experience a plus. Full-time, pay is commensurate with experience. To apply, send resume and cover letter plus salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 28, 2018.
See the full job description
Time to start thinking about tax filing. Through the REALTOR Benefits® Program NAR members enjoy up to $20 off on the #1 best-selling tax software. With TurboTax, you’ll get your taxes done right and your biggest possible refund, guaranteed. This discount is extendable to family members and staff.
Maryland Realtors® Fundraisers
Support RPAC and win! There are currently the 3 fundraisers for Maryland REALTOR® RPAC:
- A raffle for a pair of Opening Day tickets for the Baltimore Orioles,
- A raffle for a pair of Opening Day tickets for the Washington Nationals,
- And a Maryland Crab pin, which can be yours for simple contribution of $20 or more in RPAC.
The raffle winners will be drawn on March 16th.
See a member of the RPAC Committee, or contact FCAR, or attend the March Monthly meeting to purchase. (Jennifer Grove, Peter Murray, Buzz Mackintosh, Greg Phillips, Tracy Mentzer)
Habitat for Humanity News
Do you have buyers in Brunswick or Middletown?
Habitat for Humanity of Frederick County is actively looking for families for their next two builds. They are building a single-family house in Brunswick on Park Avenue and then later this year a single-family house in Middletown.
Contact Jennifer Minnick, Director of Housing, 301-698-2449 opt. 6, email@example.com
Upcoming CE Classes
- Appraising the Tough Ones
- Maryland Contract II
- Required Supervision
- Cash Flow Panning for Real Estate Investors
- Understanding Real Estate Disclosures
- How to Sell A HUD Home
- Professionalism and Respect: The Right Thing, Right Now
- and More...
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Click to Connect