Thank You to Our Sponsors - Click to Connect
This Week's News
Tonight: Chipotle Community Service Fundraiser
News on Affordable Housing in Frederick Md
Coming Updates to Zipform
Upcoming Events & Classes
Board of Directors Nominations
Informed Professionals Classes
FCAR Website Updates
Don't Miss This Delicious Fundraiser
Join the Community Service Committee and make dinner a selfless act. Orders must be accompanied by the Flyer...
News from the Affordable Housing Committee
The ALICE Report:
The ALICE Report (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) documents the challenges faced by the “working poor” in many different states and locales. It is a “Cost of Living” problem for the working poor where wages do not allow employed individuals to reach the “survival” household level of income---defined as the amount needed to cover the cost of basic needs (shelter, food, clothing, transportation, etc.)---even though they are taking advantage of all forms of public assistance.
United Way’s Director of Community Impact Malcolm Furgol presented the key findings of the ALICE Report related to Frederick County to FCAR's Affordale Housing Committee this month:
The annual income needed to reach the ALICE threshold (AT) level---the amount needed to cover the cost of their basic needs:
- for a single individual is $31,536 ($15.77/hour)
- for a family of two adults and two children (one infant, one preschooler) is $75,732 ($37.87/hour)
- In Frederick County, six percent of households are at or below the poverty level
- while 26 percent of households are at or below the AT.
- Housing affordability is a huge problem in Frederick County with a 38% shortfall in rental and owner housing available to residents at a “reasonable” cost (no more than one-third of income).
- In the City of Frederick, 30 percent of owners and 54 percent of renters spend at least 30% of their income on housing, Frederick County’s Housing Affordability is rated as Poor.
A summary of the ALICE Report specific to Frederick County is located on the FCAR website:
Coming Soon: zipForm® Plus Updates
- Streamlined Navigation Bar with easier access to transactions, templates, tasks, contacts and a collection of zipAlliance™ partners.
- To help members become familiar with the new and improved features, new of training materials and videos are available. They have a comprehensive training calendar packed with webinars and customized zipLogix Academy Learning Paths™ to help you make the most of your zipForm® experience.
- Enhanced security, custom dashboards, and improved reporting and metrics tools to help members stay on top of every task and transaction.
- ...and the most exciting part? This is all part of members' NAR Benefit, a comprehensive suite of transaction management tools designed to keep you at the center of every real estate transaction.
Working with Commercial/Investment Clients
Introduction to FCAR New Member Orientation
Well Water Supply and Mechanics
Veterans Affairs Financing
Cash Flow Planning for Real Estate Investors
How to Sell HUD Home
MD Code of Ethics
Flood 101 -Taking the Fear out of Flood
Maryland Mortgage Program
RPR Webinar- Perfect Pricing with Easy, Accurate CMAs from RPR
Thursday, August 17, 2017
10:00AM- 11:00AM EDT
The Informed Professional Series
Wednesday, August 16th
1. MRIS & Bright Future, with Adam Iobst
12 noon to 2 pm
2. CRM 101 - Choosing the right Customer Relationship Management Tool
6 pm to 8 pm
Free Classes in the FCAR Training Room, No CE Credit
Board of Directors Openings
FCAR’s Nominating Committee is seeking qualified & motivated members to serve as Directors on FCAR’s Board of Directors. There is a REALTOR® Director opening and an Affiliate Director opening since the terms for Jennifer Grove and Beau Pichon are coming to an end. REALTOR® Directors serve for three years and Affiliate Directors serve two year terms.
Please consider nominating yourself or someone else for one or both of the Director vacancies. CLICK HERE for a list of qualifications.
The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, August 21. There is no formal nominations form---simply contact FCAR Nominating Committee Chair Jennifer Grove at email@example.com and send a copy email to FCAR CEO Steve Jarvis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration,
Steve Jarvis, CEO FCAR
New Information on the FCAR Website:
The most recent addition to the FCAR Website is the "Technology Page" with information and links to resources for your technology needs. (Go directly to the Technology Page) or, You'll find the page by clicking on the following image on the front page:
As always, FCAR Communications welcomes your feedback:
Maryland Realtors® Conference & Expo
September 11 - 13, Ocean City Maryland
Click HERE for more information
Register for NAR Conference & Expo
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Click to Connect