View e-mail in browser
Weekly News from FCAR
Thank You to Our Sponsors - Click to Connect
This Week's News
Commercial Committee Lunch & Learn -
Informed Professional Class
Welcome New Members
NAR is Making Headway on Flood Insurance!
New Rules Regarding Signage in the City of Frederick
(Note: There is no evening class in August)
Welcome to FCAR!
- John Parker, with Long & Foster
- Michelle Peake, Hillal Eastburn, with Century 21 Redwood
- Anthony Bowman, Frederick Severance, with Maryland Realty
- Barbara Hanken, with Great Atlantic RE
- Timothy Gacquin, Kristopher Fraley, Michael Rusk, with Keller Williams
- Joseph Cariola, Dara Rosen, Michael German, Duane Samuda, with Redfin
- Elizabeth Ohler, Eleanore Smith, with J & B Real Estate
- Leslie Joyner-Spitzner, with Tyler Donegan
- Isis Tepper, with Berkshire Hathaway
- Brooke Steinhoff, with eXp Realty
- Ray Wilhide, with WPI Home Inspections
- Edward Bunyan, with Ed Bunyan Photography
Time is Running Out! Take Action to Preserve Flood Insurance NOW!
Unless Congress acts THIS WEEK
, the National Flood Insurance Program will lapse yet again, impacting homeowners in over 22,000 communities nationwide and delaying as many as 40,000 real estate transactions per month. Don't let your next sale be one of them. Click here to send a message
to your representatives today!
There are measures currently before Congress which reform and strengthen the NFIP to ensure long-term sustainability of the program. Take Action Today – Tell Congress they must act now to reform and extend the NFIP.
New Signage Rules in the City of Frederick
On Thursday, July 19, the City of Frederick Board of Aldermen voted 5-0 to adopt amendments to the City’s signage regulations. One of those amendments eliminated the use of directional and open house signage within the public right of way.
Going forward, all real estate signage shall be limited to the owner’s property. These new rules go into effect 10 days post-approval which happens to be on Sunday, July 29.
Read the Details of the new laws on the FCAR Blog.
Upcoming CE Classes
- 1031 Tax Exchange for Investors
- Lead Based Paint Legislation
- Fair Housing
- Code of Ethics
- Agency /Residential
- Legal & Legislative Update
- Loan Programs & Local Assistance Programs
- How to Sell A HUD Home
- Wells, Septic and Percolation Testing
- MRP - Military Relocation Professional Certification
- ABR - Accredited Buyer's Representative Designation
- and More...
FCAR has a Private Facebook Group!
For FCAR Members - Realtors and Affiliates
Our Facebook group is the perfect place to join the conversation:
- Need a referral for a professional? Cleaning company...rental management...roofer...plumber...you name it.
- Looking to hire? An assistant...a bookkeeper...marketing manager...
- Need to promote a committee project or event?
- Got a burning question? The FCAR Facebook Group is the perfect place to Start a Conversation!
Click to Join:
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Click to Connect
Copyright © 2018 Frederick County Association of REALTORS® , All rights reserved. You are receiving this email because you opted to receive communications from Frederick County Association of REALTORS® . Our mailing address is: Frederick County Association of REALTORS® * 478 Prospect Blvd. Frederick, MD 21704 | Phone 301.663.0757 | Add us to your address book
Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe Instantly.