View e-mail in browser
News You Can Use from FCAR
Thank You to Our Sponsors - Click to Connect
This Week's News
Important: Frederick County Sign Ordinance
Realtor.com Real Connections Webinar
Flood Insurance Extension Passes in Senate
In light of the changes to the sign ordinance in the City of Frederick (Read about it on the FCAR Blog) here is the latest Frederick County sign ordinance (from the Frederick County Website):
"Temporary real estate directional sign placement will be permitted in the county per the following guidelines:
- A temporary real estate directional sign may not exceed 3 square feet in size.
- A temporary real estate directional sign may not exceed 3 feet in height, measured from the ground to the top of the sign.
- A temporary real estate directional sign shall be supported on metal or wooden stakes, supplied by the installer, and shall not be attached to trees, utility poles, traffic-control signs, traffic signal poles, walls of buildings, barns, sheds, fences, or other physical elements.
- A temporary real estate directional sign may be placed only between the hours of 7 a.m. Saturday and 8 p.m. Sunday. Hours may be extended to include legal holidays that are observed on Monday or Friday.
- In the case of existing real estate, a maximum of 3 temporary real estate directional signs per open house are permitted, without obtaining a permit, but subject to the provisions of this section.
- A maximum of 4 off-site community temporary real estate directional signs (not individual builders) are permitted upon the developer’s obtaining a sign permit from the county which sets forth the locations of the signs and that placement will be in compliance with this section.
- Individual builders will be permitted to place up to 4 temporary real estate directional signs within communities in which the building activity is occurring.
- County staff is hereby authorized to remove any temporary real estate directional sign found to be in violation of the provisions of this section.
- A temporary real estate directional sign may be placed in the county right-of-way, provided that it does not obstruct sight lines or pose any safety hazard to the public."
Please take note that there is a new Solar Panel Addendum in the FCAR forms library.
REALTOR® Safety Webinar
In case you missed it: The Senate approved a bill yesterday, and the President signed it into law before midnight, to keep the National Flood Insurance Program operating for four more months. A special thank you to everyone who took action to #RenewNFIP!
“Although the National Flood Insurance Program will be extended through November 30 when signed into law, the NFIP is in desperate need of reforms that will make it solvent and sustainable in the long term,” said NAR President Elizabeth Mendenhall.
Upcoming CE Classes
- 1031 Tax Exchange for Investors
- Agency /Residential
- Legal & Legislative Update
- A Guide to Indoor Air Quality
- Lead Based paint Legislation
- Code of Ethics
- Fair Housing
- Loan Programs & Local Assistance Programs
- How to Sell A HUD Home
- Wells, Septic and Percolation Testing
- MRP - Military Relocation Professional Certification
- ABR - Accredited Buyer's Representative Designation
- and More...
FCAR has a Private Facebook Group!
For FCAR Members - Realtors and Affiliates
- Need a referral for a professional? Cleaning company...rental management...roofer...plumber...you name it.
- Looking to hire? An assistant...a bookkeeper...marketing manager...
- Need to promote an FCAR committee project or event?
- Got a question? The FCAR Facebook Group is the perfect place to Start a Conversation!
Click to Join:
Thank You To Our Sponsor!
Click to Connect
Copyright © 2018 Frederick County Association of REALTORS® , All rights reserved. You are receiving this email because you opted to receive communications from Frederick County Association of REALTORS® . Our mailing address is: Frederick County Association of REALTORS® * 478 Prospect Blvd. Frederick, MD 21704 | Phone 301.663.0757 | Add us to your address book
Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe Instantly.