Copied from The City of Frederick Website:
q. Temporary Signs
(1) One temporary sign is permitted per property subject to the following:
A. The sign shall not be dilapidated in any way; and
B. A zoning certificate shall be obtained before erecting the sign; and
C. Temporary signs shall not exceed two square feet in residential and downtown districts, and 24 square feet in all other districts.
D. Temporary signs must be firmly attached on all four sides to the principal structure.
E. Temporary signs may be removed from the property after 30 days.
(2) The sign shall not obstruct the visibility of vehicles or pedestrians or create a safety hazard.
(3) Any sign(s) which fails to meet these requirements can be removed, discarded by the City and shall subject the installer (owner, vendor, developer, builder or realtor) of the sign to further enforcement action.
(4) Temporary real estate directional sign per realtor, developer, builder, or residential development is permitted in the City right-of-way provided the following requirements are met:
A. The signs are only placed from Friday at 7:00 p.m. to Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
B. The signs do not exceed two square feet in size.
C. The sign does not exceed three feet in height as measured from the ground to the top of the sign.
D. The sign is supported on metal or wooden stakes supplied by the installer and shall not be attached to any tree, utility pole, traffic control signs, traffic signal poles, walls of buildings, fences or other structures.
E. Only one sign per realtor, developer, builder or residential community is permitted at any intersection.
(5) Streamers, pennants, balloons, and inflatable signs utilized as temporary signage are permitted provided the following requirements are met:
A. No individual streamers, or pennants may be placed any higher than the roofline of the building.
B. Streamers or pennants that are placed on a line or tether may not extend higher than 25 feet and must not drift into roadways, utility wires, or create any safety hazards.
C. All balloons and inflatable signs must be set back from the public right-of-way line(s) a distance equal to the height of the balloons or inflatable signs.
(6) Construction site signs shall not exceed a total of 100 square feet. Such signs shall be removed within one week following issuance of a zoning certificate.